The D Series is a single tower desiccant air dryer designed for point-of-use and intermittent flow applications. The wet compressed air enters at the inlet, is first separated due to the off-set inlet creating centrifugal separation to trap water droplets, and subsequently passes around a polypropylene coalescer element, felt pads, and stainless-steel grids to remove solid particulates. The air flows upward through a sewed filtration desiccant bag that acts as a sponge to absorb moisture. Finally, the air flows again through the second stage of filtration to eliminate any desiccant dust. This 3-stage system efficiently provides separation, filtration, and drying. It is time to replace the cartridge when the Moisture Gauge indicates saturation. The replacement is fast and mess-free, thanks to the US stainless-steel clamp. The rust-free powder-coated aluminum housing is made in Canada and includes built-in brackets.
- INLET / OUTLET PORTS: 2'' NPT
- AIRFLOW @ 100 PSIG: 200 SCFM
- MAXIMUM INLET PRESSURE: 150 PSI
- MAXIMUM INLET TEMPERATURE: 100°F (38°C)
- CRN: CERTIFICATIONS & PRESSURE RATINGS
- PRE-FILLED WITH DESICCANT CARTRIDGE
- PRESSURE GAUGES, SAFETY VALVE, AND BALL VALVE INCL.
- UNIT WEIGHT: 75 LB
- BOX DIMENSIONS: 34 x 11 x 9"
1. How long does the cartridge last?
Typically we recommend changing the cartridge at least once to twice every year (or every 2,000 hrs) when used for point-of-use applications with an intermittent flow.
2. When do I know when to change the cartridge?
Use our moisture indicator HGT-1/4 and replace the cartridge when the R.H. exceeds 80%.
3. Can I regenerate the desiccant?
We highly recommend replacing the desiccant with a fresh cartridge for optimal performance. However, you may dry the desiccant by emptying the bag and leaving the activated alumina in an oven at 275 F for 4 hours (approximately). Let the desiccant cool down before refilling the bag. Use a commercial stapler to close the bag.
4. How can I extend the life of the cartridge?
We recommend draining the tower daily by opening the ball valve or using our automatic timer drain TD-1/4. When there are bulk liquids in the compressed air, a water separator FSD Series installed upstream of the dryer will knock water and prevent the flooding of the cartridge.
5. Can I oversize my air dryer?
Yes, oversizing the air dryer will increase the time in between maintenance.